Friday, February 6, 2009

Sicker than a dog: a brief study

For the past week now I have been filled with a great annoyance that one would call a mix between the flu and a cold. IT SUCKS!!! It started with a mild sore throat, no big deal. You know, the kind that starts out pretty bad but by the end of the day you hardly notice it. It was that was for about 4 days, then it hit me!!! I literally felt like I had been hit by a truck. Sore throat, with extreme body aches, the kind that 800Mg's of Tylenol barely touch. From there each day has since been worse. Now you can add sinus pressure under my eyes and behind my nose and really bad behind my ears and at the base of my skull. My co-worker had similar symptoms last week that turned in to strep. OH NO! Not me!!! I am not going to get it. I am taking Tylenol, multi-vitamins and drinking a lot of fluids mixed with extra sleep and my inhaler for the shortness of breath. I trust that I will get better!

This new annoyance has lead me to thing about the term "sicker than a dog" and whether or not I fall into the category of being sicker than a dog. So since I have nothing better to do, I did the research for you, in case you really wondered. (If not...humor me.)

The term sicker than a dog refers to the fact that dogs, like garbage disposals, will eat just about anything which often causes them to vomit. It is also hinted at in Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returns to it's vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. My old dog wasn't one who frequently hurled, so if you can relate, I feel bad for you.

So to answer the question that got this research started, thankfully I am not sicker than a dog! (I am probably not smarter than a 5th grader either)

No comments:

Post a Comment